Course DescriptionPython is a high-level, dynamically typed, and portable programming language that excels when the cost of software development outweighs performance considerations, which is quite often in practice. Python covers similar territory as Perl and is similarly an open-source product, but it is considered easier to learn, write, and maintain. NASA, Industrial Light and Magic (ILM), Honeywell, and many other companies all use Python to handle jobs for which classical programming languages are not well-suited. This course introduces Python and its libraries as a general programming environment, then applies Python to real-world problems, such as website development, database access, text processing, XML editing, GUI development, and system administration.
Course OutlinePython is a high-level, dynamically typed, and portable programming language that excels when the cost of software development outweighs performance considerations.
PrerequisitesCOM SCI X 414.20 Fundamentals of Software Development, programming experience, or consent of instructor.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Applications Programming : Electives
- Applications Programming in C# .NET : Electives
- Database Management : Electives
- Linux/Unix : Electives
- Operating System Administration : Electives
- Python for Data Engineers : Required
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required
- Systems Analysis : Electives
- Web Technology : Electives