Course DescriptioniPhones and iPads are everywhere. Learn the fundamentals for developing on this popular platform. Instruction provides an overview of the Objective-C language and progresses into the details of the UIKit, as well as several other frameworks essential for development on the iPhone and iPad platforms. Beginning with fundamental objects, such as buttons and text fields, students then learn about views, view controllers, navigation controllers, and other complex subjects. Students also learn about quartz graphics, multimedia, mapping, and GPS functionality, as well as using the accelerometer. The course also introduces the newest APIs from the latest production SDK from Apple.
PrerequisitesKnowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language: C/C++, C#, Java, or Objective-C.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Applications Programming : Electives
- Applications Programming in C# .NET : Electives
- Database Management : Electives
- Linux/Unix : Electives
- Mobile Application Development : Required
- Operating System Administration : Electives
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required
- Systems Analysis : Electives
- Web Technology : Electives