Course DescriptionAndroid is a software platform for mobile devices widely used in smart phones and tablets. Android is based on the Linux kernel and currently developed by Google. This course is a hands-on introduction to writing applications for Android smart phones and tablets. The course provides developers unfamiliar with the Android application development environment the knowledge and skills to develop Android applications using the Android SDK and Android Studio development platform. The course will focus on basic Android program structure, language syntax, and object-oriented concepts. Students will build Android applications, learning how to create user interfaces, handle data, use Android library code, and debug programs.
PrerequisitesExperience in Java programming and the use of Android Studio or consent of instructor.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Applications Programming : Electives
- Applications Programming in C# .NET : Electives
- Database Management : Electives
- Java : Defined Electives
- Linux/Unix : Electives
- Mobile Application Development : Required
- Operating System Administration : Electives
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required
- Systems Analysis : Electives
- Web Technology : Electives