Course DescriptionThe Intermediate Android course continues the Google Android Development (Introduction to Android). This course will cover developing Android User Interfaces using Android Fragments, multiple techniques for retrieving and handling information from the web in android apps, background threading techniques, notifications, broadcast receivers and long running services. Students will be asked to develop a project that uses the concepts examined in the course.
Course OutlineDevelop Android User Interfaces using Android Fragments, retrieving and handling information from the web in apps, background threading techniques, and more.
PrerequisitesX 418.104 Google Android Development and understanding of Java or consent of instructor.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Applications Programming : Electives
- Applications Programming in C# .NET : Electives
- Database Management : Electives
- Linux/Unix : Electives
- Mobile Application Development : Required
- Operating System Administration : Electives
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required
- Systems Analysis : Electives
- Web Technology : Electives