This course combines theoretical security models with practical state-of-the-art examples for a comprehensive and useful introduction to this field and should benefit auditors, system administrators, or anyone else with a basic understanding of information technology. Topics include security policies, risk analysis, cryptography, and network security. Course material is consistent with relevant portions of the Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification exam's Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
Course OutlineThis course combines theoretical security models with practical examples for a comprehensive intro and should benefit auditors, system administrators, or anyone else with a basic understanding of information technology.
For additional cybersecurity courses that are not required for the Cybersecurity certificate, click here.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Applications Programming : Electives
- Applications Programming in C# .NET : Electives
- Cybersecurity : Required
- Database Management : Electives
- Information Technology Management : Defined Elective - Electives
- Linux/Unix : Electives
- Operating System Administration : Required, Electives
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required
- Systems Analysis : Required, Electives
- Web Technology : Electives