Course DescriptionThis hands-on course introduces defensive methodology and tools. Defensive security practices require a strong understanding of current risks and exploits. Leveraging the knowledge acquired from the Information System Security Lab (offensive tools), this course builds on the remediation strategies for thwarting off active offensive attacks. This course introduces core defensive strategies for various environment types, and provides hands-on experiences of security defensive tools.
COM SCI X 420.1 Fundamentals of Cybersecurity is recommended.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Applications Programming : Electives
- Applications Programming in C# .NET : Electives
- Cybersecurity : Required
- Database Management : Electives
- Linux/Unix : Electives
- Operating System Administration : Electives
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required
- Systems Analysis : Electives
- Web Technology : Electives