The key goal of Data Science is to obtain insights from data. The insights could be about what happened in the past by analyzing historical data or about predicting what may happen in the future using predictive analytics. Data Scientists go through an iterative process to come up with means that lead to insights. This process is called Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA). In addition to a curious mind, data exploration and data visualization are key requisites for EDA. This course will teach you these skills with a specific focus on visualization. You will learn the iterative process of EDA, data analysis techniques, data exploration, and visualization. The course uses tools such as the R and Python language for data analysis, and Tableau and D3.js for data visualization.
Students will learn the iterative process of EDA, data analysis techniques, data exploration, and visualization. The course uses tools such as R Programming for data analysis, and Tableau for data visualization.
PrerequisitesRecommended: COM SCI X 450.1 Introduction to Data Science, or equivalent experience
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Applications Programming : Electives
- Applications Programming in C# .NET : Electives
- Business Analysis : Defined Elective - Electives
- Data Science : Required
- Database Management : Electives
- Linux/Unix : Electives
- Operating System Administration : Electives
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required
- Systems Analysis : Electives
- Web Technology : Electives