Distinguished global industry experts from academia, government, and industry—including members of the Antenna Measurement Techniques Association (AMTA) and the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society—present lectures encompassing
- Techniques for determining antenna radiation patterns, directivity, gain, polarization, and impedance.
- Design use and evaluation of all modern techniques (far field, near field, compact range, etc.) employed for antenna measurements
- Antenna measurements in the microwave and millimeter-wave frequency ranges and required instruments
- Phased-array testing and alignment, antenna diagnostic methods, phaseless near field measurements, synthetic aperture techniques, measurements of wireless antennas, electromagnetic interference and compatibility issues, and radome testing
- AV tour of the UCLA Antenna Range—an example of a near-field scanning—to observe real-world application of lecture concepts
Course OutlineThis course is an intensive and comprehensive presentation of all aspects of the measurement of microwave antenna characteristics.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required