Congratulations! You’ve blasted out the first draft of a screenplay. But now what? Because if you’re serious about it, if you want it to shine, if you want to show it to industry professionals and enter screenplay competitions, you need to rewrite it. This advanced workshop provides the guidance, tools and group forum that can help you rewrite your script to take it to the next level. You’ll learn to analyze your current draft, then hone your premise, tighten your structure, pump up your characters and fine-tune your action, dialogue and tone. Along the way, you’ll receive personal feedback on your script, while providing insight to other students on their work. You’ll also get tips and advice on how to market your new draft once you’re done.
Course OutlineTake a finished screenplay draft to the next level in this workshop for advanced students seeking input to polish their project and send it out into the world.
Submission materials must be received by the deadline of 5:00PM (PST), June 4th, 2018 in order to be considered.
Course may be taken as a certificate program core requirement or elective.
Instructions for Submitting to Advanced-Level Courses:
Click on the name and registration # of your desired course below. Either log in with your existing student account and then “add to cart”, or click “add to cart” and follow the prompts to create a new or returning student account. Then, follow the remaining instructions below:
- At the “Contact Information” Page, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and initial both boxes under “Privacy Policies.” Continue Checkout.
- Click “Start” on the first Application page.
- On the 2nd Application page, click “Start” on the bottom left side of the page.
NOTE: despite being asked to enter payment information, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED for this course unless you choose to enroll if / when you receive a notice of acceptance for the course. In other words, it’s 100% free to apply. The full course fee will be due up front to register, prior to attending the course. Since enrollment is restricted there are no applicable discountable promos available for this course.
Selection notices will likely be distributed via email 1-2 weeks before the class is scheduled to start. In the meantime, you can also register for alternative open-enrollment course and transfer upon your acceptance.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Directing : Elective
- Entertainment Studies : Electives
- Feature Film Writing : Electives - Feature Film or Television Writing
- Film and TV Development : Electives
- Screenwriting: Film and TV Comprehensive : Electives - Feature Film or Television Writing
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required
- Television Writing : Electives - Feature Film or Television Writing