Memoir Intensive: A Two-Weekend Workshop
What you can learn.
- Use prompts and exercises to generate ideas for new work
- Hear craft lectures that deepen your knowledge of technique and process
- Make progress on 25 pages of a new project
- Give and get feedback from writers on your draft
- Learn strategies to support and maintain your writing process
About this course:
Powerful personal stories call for writers to not only mine their memory and imagination, but also dig deep emotionally. This course offers support, structure and guidance for anyone who has been wrestling with the complex layering of memory, imagination and discovery that great memoir writing demands. Held over two weekends, this course first offers a weekend of generative writing exercises, small group discussions, lectures on craft and guided readings. Over the next month writers develop 25 pages to submit for critical workshop on the final weekend. Guest speakers on the publishing process are also included. Writers come away with fresh material, honest feedback and strategies to maintain a writing practice. Suitable for both emerging and experienced writers.