Advanced One-Hour or Half-Hour Pilot Rewrite
Get under the hood of your pilot and fix what isn't working in this advanced TV script writing class.
What you can learn.
- Identify and change story problems to craft a compelling episode
- Maximize the dramatic or comedic potential in your premise and script
- Get input on how to improve your spec script or original pilot based on workshop comments
- Learn strategies to approach revision on your own
About this course:If 90% of writing is rewriting, then 99% of television writing is rewriting. And rewriting, for the most part, means fixing story problems and maximizing the drama or comic potential of a story idea. In this workshop, the goal is to take your previously written one-hour or half-hour scripts—both originals and specs—that ultimately did not fulfill their ambitions, and determine where they fell short and make the necessary changes so that each premise is fully realized.
Summer 2020 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Enrollment limited to 12 students. Visitors not permitted. $100 non-refundable. Not eligible for any discounts.
Course may be taken as a certificate program core requirement or elective.
The deadline for submissions has passed. Any new applications beyond June 1st will be placed on standby for late consideration. Materials must be received by that time in order to be considered by the instructor. There is no fee to apply.
Instructions for Submitting to Advanced-Level Courses:
Click on “Enroll” then follow the prompts to check out and create a new account, or enter your information as a returning student. Then, follow the remaining instructions below:
- At the “Contact Information” Page, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and initial both boxes under “Privacy Policies.” Continue Checkout.
- Click “Start” on the first Application page.
- On the 2nd Application page, click “Start” on the bottom left side of the page.
NOTE: despite being asked to enter payment information, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED for this course unless you choose to enroll if / when you receive a notice of acceptance for the course. In other words, it’s 100% free to apply. The full course fee will be due up front to register, prior to attending the course. Since enrollment is restricted there are no applicable discountable promos available for this course.
Selection notices will likely be distributed via email 1 to 2 weeks before the class is scheduled to start. In the meantime, you can also register for alternative open-enrollment course and transfer upon your acceptance.