Advanced TV Series Showrunning
What you can learn.
- Get focused training on how successful showrunners manage their series
- Develop a Series Bible with plot summary and series arc to crystallize your series idea
- Learn to negotiate between studio, network, and/or distributor for your show’s benefit
- Get tips on supervising writers and making your room a cohesive team
About this course:
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Advanced TV Series Showrunning.
Summer 2019 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Restricted Course. Enrollment limited to 12 students. Visitors not permitted. $100 non-refundable. Not eligible for any discounts. Internet Access Required.
Course may be taken as a certificate program core requirement or elective.
Half-hour or one-hour original pilot script submission required.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, June 10th, 9:00 AM (PDT). Materials must be received by that time in order to be considered by the instructor. There is no fee to apply.
Instructions for Submitting to Advanced-Level Courses:
Click on “Enroll” then follow the prompts to check out and create a new account, or enter your information as a returning student. Then, follow the remaining instructions below:
- At the “Contact Information” Page, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and initial both boxes under “Privacy Policies.” Continue Checkout.
- Click “Start” on the first Application page.
- On the 2nd Application page, click “Start” on the bottom left side of the page.
NOTE: despite being asked to enter payment information, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED for this course unless you choose to enroll if / when you receive a notice of acceptance for the course. In other words, it’s 100% free to apply. The full course fee will be due up front to register, prior to attending the course. Since enrollment is restricted there are no applicable discountable promos available for this course.
Selection notices will likely be distributed via email 1 to 2 weeks before the class is scheduled to start. In the meantime, you can also register for alternative open-enrollment course and transfer upon your acceptance. In the event you are notified about an available seat in the advanced course, you can transfer in at that time, provided your current enrolled course is not beyond the refund deadline. ***Also note: onsite student recipients of the UCLA Extension grant program are not eligible for transfers so please plan accordingly. We strongly encourage selecting a non-restricted course to ensure your enrollment this quarter.***