Half-Hour TV Pilot Writing Pro-Series
Take an original half-hour pilot from concept to completion in this intensive, small-group workshop for advanced writers.
What you can learn.
- Pitch your pilot idea and develop it into a viable original series concept
- Develop essential story documents that help you realize your series vision
- Draft and revise your script to enhance comedy, conflict, and audience impact
- Learn about the market place for TV writers and how to get your work noticed
About this course:In a highly focused and collaborative workshop environment, you take a concept for a half-hour television series and develop it through outline, the pitch, first draft, re-write, and the final product: a polished pilot script ready to take out to agents, producers, studios, and networks. You focus on complex characterization, structure, and the pilot story and potential for future episodes, and gain an in-depth understanding of the marketplace and where your series concept may be best suited, whether multi-camera, single-camera, dramedy, or animation. In addition, you pitch your ideas to guest professionals who give network level feedback.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Half-Hour TV Pilot Writing Pro-Series.
One writing sample consisting of your best completed half-hour television pilot, a one-two page personal statement, plus up to three loglines for a new project you wish to develop in the course. This is not a rewrite course. Participants will not be charged the full course fee unless they are selected for the series. Click "See Details" below for submission instructions.
Fall 2019 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meetings Nov. 28; Feb. 13, 20, & 27.
Deadline for application is Sept. 9 at 9 am (PT) and there is a $10 non-refundable application fee. Restricted course; approval needed to enroll. Not eligible for any discounts. Enrollment limited to eight students. Visitors not permitted. No refund after enrolling.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY TO THIS COURSE IS 9:00 AM (PT) MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9th. INSTRUCTIONS ON WHO TO APPLY ARE BELOW.
All submissions must include the following materials (Word Document or PDF):
1) A one-two page personal statement that includes your writing background, previous screenwriting courses taken.
2) One writing sample consisting of your best completed half-hour television pilot. (Note: participants in this pro-series work on a brand new script, not the one submitted for this application. No exceptions.)
3) Up to three loglines for a new project you wish to develop in the course.
To apply, click "add to cart" and proceed with check-out. You will only be charged the $10 application fee at this time. The full course fee will be due in its entirety should you choose to enroll based on your acceptance into the course. Since enrollment is restricted there are no applicable discountable promos available for this course.