Next Draft, Best Draft: Advanced Screenwriting Workshop
What you can learn.
- Learn to analyze your draft to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Hone your premise and tighten your structure with input from other writers
- Tweak dialogue, action, and characters for maximum impact
- Receive personal feedback as you provide insight to other students on their drafts
- Get tips on how to market your new draft
About this course:
Congratulations! You’ve blasted out the first draft of a screenplay. But now what? Because if you’re serious about it, if you want it to shine, if you want to show it to industry professionals and enter screenplay competitions, you need to rewrite it. This advanced workshop provides the guidance, tools and group forum that can help you rewrite your script to take it to the next level. You’ll learn to analyze your current draft, then hone your premise, tighten your structure, pump up your characters and fine-tune your action, dialogue and tone. Along the way, you’ll receive personal feedback on your script, while providing insight to other students on their work. You’ll also get tips and advice on how to market your new draft once you’re done.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meeting Nov. 22.
Enrollment limited to 12 students. $100 nonrefundable until Sept 27; no refund thereafter.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THIS COURSE HAS PASSED. TO BE CONSIDERED AS A STAND BY APPLICANT, EMAIL WRITERS@UCLAEXTENSION.EDU