One-Hour TV Pilot Writing Pro-Series
Take an original one-hour pilot from concept to completion in this intensive, small-group workshop for advanced writers.
What you can learn.
- Pitch your pilot idea and develop it into a viable original series concept
- Develop essential story documents that help you realize your series vision
- Draft and revise your script to enhance drama, conflict, and audience impact
- Learn about the market place for TV writers and how to get your work noticed
About this course:In a highly focused and collaborative workshop environment, writers start with a concept for a one-hour television drama series and develop it through the outline, pitch, first draft, re-write, and the final product: a polished pilot script ready to take to agents, producers, studios, and networks. Emphasis is placed on complex characterization, structure, the pilot story, and potential for future episodes. Participants gain an in-depth understanding of the marketplace and where their series concept may be best suited, whether broadcast, network, cable, or streaming. Viewing and discussing examples of classic pilot episodes provide insight into the creative process.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for One-Hour TV Pilot Writing Pro-Series.
One writing sample consisting of your best completed one-hour television pilot, a one-two page personal statement, plus up to three loglines for a new project you wish to develop in the course. Participants will not be charged the full course fee unless they are selected for the series. Click "See Details" below for submission instructions.
Fall 2019 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
No meetings Feb 12-18 and Feb. 26-Mar 3, the week before, during and after the residency.
Deadline for application is Sept. 9 at 9 am (PST) and there is a $10 nonrefundable application fee. Restricted course; approval needed to enroll. Not eligible for any discounts.
Enrollment limited to eight students. Visitors not permitted. No refund after enrolling.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY TO THIS COURSE IS 9:00 AM (PT), MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9th INSTRUCTIONS ON WHO TO APPLY ARE BELOW.
All submissions must include the following materials (Word Document or PDF):
1) A one-two page personal statement that includes your writing background, previous screenwriting courses taken.
2) One writing sample consisting of your best completed one-hour television pilot. (Note: participants in this pro-series work on a brand new script, not the one submitted for this application. No exceptions.)
3) Up to three loglines for a new project you wish to develop in the course
To apply, click "add to cart" and proceed with check-out. You will only be charged the $10 application fee at this time. The full course fee will be due in its entirety should you choose to enroll based on your acceptance into the course. Since enrollment is restricted there are no applicable discountable promos available for this course.
For more information, please visit our website.