TV Pilot Writing: Pro-Series
What you can learn.
- Pitch your TV pilot idea to the class and refine the story through feedback
- Develop a story outline to prime the script writing process
- Complete a full script draft with feedback from other writers
- Learn about the industry and the landscape for selling your script
About this course:
In a highly focused and collaborative workshop environment, you take a concept for a television series and develop it through outline, the pitch, first draft, re-write, and the final product: a polished pilot script ready to take out to agents, producers, studios, and networks. You focus on complex characterization, structure, and the pilot story and potential for future episodes, and gain an in-depth understanding of the marketplace and where your series concept may be best suited, whether multi-camera, single-camera, drama, dramedy, or animation. In addition, you pitch your ideas to guest professionals who give network level feedback. One writing sample consisting of your best completed television pilot or spec script of an existing series, plus a one-page personal statement and $10 nonrefundable fee are required. Participants will not be charged the full course fee unless they are selected for the series. Upon completion of the course, you also submit your completed script to receive feedback and consideration by an established agent, manager, or producer.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meeting November 22.
Restricted course; apply online by adding to cart. Enrollment limited to eight students. Visitors not permitted. No refund after enrolling.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY TO THIS COURSE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 9/24/18. INSTRUCTIONS ON WHO TO APPLY ARE BELOW.
All submissions must include the following materials (Word Document or PDF):
1) A one-page personal statement that includes your writing background, previous screenwriting courses taken.
2) A completed draft of your previously completed TV pilot (not the one to be developed in this course) or TV spec of an existing series. (Note: participants in this pro-series class work on a brand new script, not the one submitted for this application. No exceptions.)
To apply, click "add to cart" and proceed with check-out. You will only be charged the $10 application fee at this time. The full course fee will be due in its entirety should you choose to enroll based on your acceptance into the course. Since enrollment is restricted there are no applicable discountable promos available for this course.
For more information, please visit our website.