Writing the Half-Hour Comedy Pilot: Advanced Workshop
A key component of every television writing portfolio is an original writing sample which illustrates both the "voice" and saleable capabilities of a new writer. This workshop guides you to develop a half-hour…
What you can learn.
- Learn to balance your creative instincts with a network’s business interests for a saleable pilot
- Use feedback from peers and the instructor to refine your idea, your scenes, and your series
- Establish your ongoing series elements as you bring life to your characters
- Find the best way to introduce viewers to your story world and main characters
About this course:
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Writing the Half-Hour Comedy Pilot: Advanced Workshop.
Spring 2019 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Enrollment limited to 12 students. $100 non-refundable until April 2; no refund thereafter.
Restricted Course. Discount exempt.
Course may be taken as a certificate program core requirement or elective. Internet access required.
Course may be taken as a certificate program core requirement or elective.
Submission materials and application fees can be submitted per the instructions below. To apply for late consideration, email email@example.com or call 310-825-415.
Instructions for Submitting to Advanced-Level Courses:
Click on the name and registration # of your desired course below. Either log in with your existing student account and then “Enroll”, or click “Enroll” and follow the prompts to create a new or returning student account. Then, follow the remaining instructions below:
- At the “Contact Information” Page, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and initial both boxes under “Privacy Policies.” Continue Checkout.
- Click “Start” on the first Application page.
- On the 2nd Application page, click “Start” on the bottom left side of the page.
NOTE: despite being asked to enter payment information, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED for this course unless you choose to enroll if / when you receive a notice of acceptance for the course. In other words, it’s 100% free to apply. The full course fee will be due up front to register, prior to attending the course.
Selection notices will likely be distributed via email 1-2 weeks before the class is scheduled to start. In the meantime, you can also register for alternative open-enrollment course and transfer upon your acceptance.