Writing the One-Hour Drama Pilot: Advanced Workshop
What you will learn.
- Develop a drama series premise that is uniquely your own
- Learn what networks seek in new programming
- Structure your pilot episode and develop memorable characters
- Establish ongoing series elements from page 1
About this course:
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Writing the One-Hour Drama Pilot: Advanced Workshop.
Winter 2019 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Restricted Course. NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY DISCOUNTS.
Course may be taken as a certificate program core requirement or elective.
Enrollment limited to 12 students. $100 nonrefundable. Internet access required.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, December 10th, 9:00 AM (PST). Materials must be received by that time in order to be considered by the instructor. There is no fee to apply.
Instructions for Submitting to Advanced-Level Courses:
Click on “Enroll” then follow the prompts to check out and create a new account, or enter your information as a returning student. Then, follow the remaining instructions below:
- At the “Contact Information” Page, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and initial both boxes under “Privacy Policies.” Continue Checkout.
- Click “Start” on the first Application page.
- On the 2nd Application page, click “Start” on the bottom left side of the page.
NOTE: despite being asked to enter payment information, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED for this course unless you choose to enroll if / when you receive a notice of acceptance for the course. In other words, it’s 100% free to apply. The full course fee will be due up front to register, prior to attending the course. Since enrollment is restricted there are no applicable discountable promos available for this course.
Selection notices will likely be distributed via email 1 to 2 weeks before the class is scheduled to start. In the meantime, you can also register for alternative open-enrollment course and transfer upon your acceptance.