Legal Compliance and Negotiating Skills
MGMT X 497.614
For small business owners, it is vital to understand the legal landscape and have negotiating skills. This course will overview the key legal regulations, and build your skills in the art of negotiation.
What you can learn.
- Examine the preferred legal structures for a small business
- Survey all available business structures and local regulations
- Understand liability protection provided by insurance policies, risk mitigation, and basics of contract law
- Improve negotiation skills through role plays and case studies
- Build communication skills for effective presentations and stakeholder messaging
About this course:The first part of the course focuses on preferred legal structures for a small business as well as a survey of all available business structures key federal, state (particularly California), and local regulations; liability protection provided by "must have" insurance policies; risk mitigation; and basics of contract law. The second part of the course aims at increasing students negotiating skills with initial self-assessment, role playing, and case studies. Students role play on specific small business related cases with self and instructor critiques. Communication skill building, effective presenting, and stakeholder messaging receive priority attention.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
This course applies towards the following certificates & specializations…
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.