How to Enroll

Concurrent and Cross-Enrollment Programs

UCLA Concurrent Enrollment

Student in yellow sweater

Members of the public are offered the opportunity to take regular session UCLA daytime courses in Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters through UCLA Extension’s Concurrent Enrollment program.

After all full-time, matriculated UCLA students have been enrolled in their courses, the public may pursue concurrent enrollment if space is available. Please note that in order to enroll, any prerequisites must be met. Inquiries regarding UCLA admissions and transfer policies should be directed to the UCLA Undergraduate Admissions Office.

Download Brochure

Concurrent Course Designations

  • Undergraduate Classes (XLC 1 to XLC 199)
    Transferable for unit, subject credit, and grade-point average (GPA) in the College of Letters and Sciences at UCLA.
  • Graduate and Professional Classes (XLC 200–299 and XLC 400–499)
    Units earned will not provide advanced standing to students who are subsequently admitted to advanced degree programs through UCLA’s Graduate Division. Certain course requirements for advanced degrees may be waived, but only with the approval of the Graduate Division on the recommendation of the student’s program department at the time of admission.
  • Doctoral-level Seminars (XLC 500–599)
    Subject to various approvals, which can take approximately eight weeks. For requirements, contact the UCLA Extension Dean’s Office.

Approval Requirements

Several Departments and Schools require a co-signature or authorization by someone other than the instructor in all cases. If the Department for the Course/Subject Area you have selected is not on this list and does not require secondary approval, you will be required to get only the instructor approval.  

View Requirements

Please note: Courses numbered 89HC, 99, 189HC, 195, 197, 198, or 199 require completion of a course contract and approval of the faculty member. Upper-division tutorials (Courses 195-199) require an additional approval from the department chair. Research tutorials in engineering, medicine, life sciences, and physical sciences also require completion of the Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) class Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts. Certificate of completion will be required at the time of enrollment. 
Accommodations in relation to Accessibility and Disability Services should be made through the UCLA Center for Accessible Education (CAE) for all UCLA courses.

Enroll in daytime UCLA Classes through UCLA Extension

Apply Now

Cross-Enrollment Programs

Students with undergraduate standing enrolled at any California Community College or California State University campus may enroll on a space-available basis in no more than one undergraduate level UCLA course per academic quarter (maximum of two courses per academic year) at a fee of $46 per unit. Contact the registrar office at your “home campus” for eligibility requirements and enrollment conditions.

Contact Enrollment Services

Our team members are here to help. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.

vector icon of building

Corporate Education

Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.

Learn More

vector icon of building

Donate to UCLA Extension

Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.

Innovation Programs

Student Scholarships

Coding Boot Camp

Lifelong Learning