Excellence in Education
For over a century, UCLA Extension has helped prepare people to live better lives through the power of education.
As one of the nation’s oldest, largest and most comprehensive continuing and professional studies providers, UCLA Extension gives you a wide range of options to advance in your career, switch careers, or achieve personal growth.
UCLA Extension offers:
- The excellence that comes with a UCLA-approved curriculum.
- Open enrollment – most courses require no admission decision.
- Evening, weekend, daytime and online courses.
- Locations throughout L.A.—Westwood, DTLA, and Woodland Hills
- Certificate Programs, Specializations, transferable undergraduate
degree-credit, and continuing education credits.
- Custom programs and corporate education, available worldwide.
- Non-credit courses, workshops, and special events
- Courses specifically designed for working adults, college students, and lifelong learners.
We create extraordinary learning experiences for adults of all ages.
We will engage the power of education to transform lives, businesses, and communities worldwide.
- Integrity. We act in accordance with the highest moral and ethical standards personally, professionally, and academically. We commit ourselves to honesty, sincerity, accountability, and truth, and continuously strive to earn the trust placed in us by students and colleagues.
- Creativity. We discover and develop new ideas, programs, and processes that are both innovative and imaginative. We create unique formats for lifelong learning that meet the evolving needs of our students.
- Collaboration. We build close, cooperative working relationships within and among individual departments, with our campus partners, and with the local and global communities we serve.
- Service. We help students, instructors, and staff define and attain their personal, professional, and academic goals. We provide exceptional access and support for those we serve as well as for one another.
- Excellence. We demonstrate a high degree of proficiency, knowledge, commitment, and expertise in all that we do.
- Community. We create and nurture a close-knit organizational culture - within Extension itself, and between Extension and the rest of UCLA - that is diverse, inclusive, welcoming, connected to the communities we serve, and marked by both a sense of purpose and a sense of joy.
The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
All courses, certificate programs and course specializations offered by UCLA Extension have been developed and are administered in accordance with Extension and UCLA policy and the regulations of the Academic Senate of the University of California.
> Review documentation about our most recent reaccreditation effort.