Your Safety is our Concern
UCLA Extension is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for its students, instructors, and staff at all locations where we offer instruction. We also recognize that the safest community is one in which there is a sense of shared responsibility. Our relatively low crime statistics are not wholly an accident of location and excellent policing. We recognize and congratulate our students, staff, and instructors who every day contribute to our community's safety by taking some very simple steps:
- Remember to lock your car.
- When leaving, try to walk with other students back to parking structures. Use well-trafficked routes around the campus.
- Have your keys in hand so you need not linger before entering your vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings. At UCLA, take note of the many "blue hood" emergency call boxes around the campus. Make a mental note of the locations of restaurants and other public gathering places.
- Remember that "911" from any campus or office phone will work for police, fire, and medical emergencies.