COM SCI X 450.6
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Data governance is an integrated framework of policies and technology applied to ensure effective data management. This course will help students to gain an understanding of various components that allow an enterprise to manage data.
What you can learn.
- Identify organizational resources who will play a role in data governance
- Integrate data governance activities with project and operational activities
- Collaborate with OCM resources to develop and implement data quality
- Assess and improve data quality using dimensional analysis
- Vet data as it moves through the data lifecycle
- Develop a strawman of a data governance framework
About this course:
Data Governance is an integrated framework of policies, people, processes and technology that are applied to ensure effective data management. It is a core discipline and includes foundational principles that are prerequisites to the study and application of other data management disciplines such as data quality, metadata management, master data management, business intelligence and data warehouse and advanced analytics. This course in Data Governance will enable students to gain an understanding of the various components that allow an enterprise to manage data as a valuable enterprise asset. These components include strategic business drivers, regulatory and legislative mandates and data-centric policies; enterprise business processes; organizational roles and various technologies that are needed to support and propagate an enterprise data governance practice.