Financial Aid Fundamentals
Financial aid is complex and information intensive, this course gives college counselors the fundamentals of this important component of the college admissions process.
What you can learn.
- Explore advising issues related to financial aid
- Understand the range of financial aid options available
- Identify the impact of cost on college selection
- Develop scholarship search strategies
- Understand the theories and principles of the financial aid system
- Learn effective ways to complete the financial aid appliclation process
About this course:Financial aid is complex and information intensive, and college counselors must understand this important component of the college admissions process. Topics include history of financial aid; types and sources of financial aid; how to apply for federal, state, and institutional aid; eligibility; how aid is determined; and scholarship search services.
Summer 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.