HVAC Design Fundamentals
MECH&AE X 424.7
This is the first course in air conditioning engineering and design. During the course students will learn the basic engineering calculations and design rules.
What you can learn.
- Describe an overview of HVAC design and operations essentials
- Calculate the building cooling, heating, and ventilation loads
- Choose a proper solution for meeting building demands
- Design the layout of HVAC equipment and ductwork
- Describe HVAC operation and control systems
- Recognize advances in the HVAC industry and implement new technologies
About this course:This is the first course in air conditioning engineering and design. During the course, students will learn the basic engineering calculations and design rules. Available tools and software to design the HVAC system for a commercial building will be introduced and used. The design will follow the California codes and regulations. The goal is for the students to learn the steps needed for designing a sample project.
High school math including algebra, geometry, and calculus. High school physics including thermal energy and units conversion.