From Ideation to Industrialization
This two-hour webinar will provide an overview of a systematic framework on how to create a cost model for a new product. We will touch all the elements of the cost model using a practice case, leading to the build-up of a comprehensive planning tool.
What you can learn.
- Understand how to develop and defend credible cost models of volume scaling for prototype devices
- Determine how to rapidly create mockups of production lines
- Understand how to reverse-engineer competitive products
- Analyze trade-off choices of internal manufacturing vs. contract manufacturing
- Gain tools to create “what-if” scenarios for production planning
About this course:If we use a product, someone has made it. If you have an idea for a product – someone will have to make it, and you will need to understand how much does it cost to make it. This webinar will provide an overview of a systematic framework on how to create a cost model. We will touch all the elements of the cost model, leading to the build-up of a comprehensive planning tool. We will review approaches for prototyping assembly lines and factory floor layouts. We will also discuss tools for cost analysis of competitive products.
Spring 2021 Schedule
Remote instruction courses are taught online in real-time with regularly scheduled class meetings held via Zoom. Course materials can be accessed any time through an online learning platform.