Construction Project Management Using MS Project®
C&EE X 412.8
This course presents the software programs used to manage and control construction projects, specifically MS Project.
Starting at $1,099.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Develop construction schedules with definitions of detailed activities and identify interdependencies among them
- Process the logical relationship among the activities and apply sorting, sequencing, and categorization to improve schedule efficiencies
- Assign and manage costs and resources to activities in the schedule
- Use the schedule to review, track, and control project milestones
- Implement schedule optimization tactics, add delays in between activities in the form of leads or lags, re-allocate resources, level, crash, and fast-track for faster completion time
About this course:This course presents the software program used to manage and control construction projects. Instruction features hands-on training in the use of Microsoft Project Professional software to conduct multiple tasks such as preparing construction schedules which include definitions of detailed activities and assignments of logic relationships; defining and managing costs and resources (labor, equipment, and materials); sorting and categorizing information; preparing monthly updates of schedules; reviewing, analyzing, and troubleshooting schedules; developing, analyzing, and presenting delay issues; and producing reports and graphics. The tools used in this course require a PC/Laptop with a Windows Operating System and MAY NOT BE compatible with other operating systems.
Fall 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
This section has no set meeting times.
Instructor: Ataa Aly
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised.
No refunds after October 12, 2020
©2019 Microsoft Press
Internet access required to retrieve course materials.