Study construction materials, equipment, methods, and regulatory influences including technology of basic building materials, interior and exterior finishes, plumbing and electrical and mechanical systems.
What you can learn.
- Identify the major construction systems and how they are employed to construct a building
- Understand the materials involved in the make-up of building construction systems
- Have the knowledge of the equipment required for the construction of certain systems
- Compare and contrast the different construction materials and options available for a particular building system and better understand the logic behind the design of a building
- Understand how the building systems and material used in a project affects the management of that project, including the schedule, buyout, site logistics, and staffing
About this course:This course studies construction materials, equipment, methods, and regulatory influences. Topics include construction for site and civil work; seismic resistance; technology of basic building materials; interior and exterior finishes; and plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems. Instruction discusses current developments in materials, systems, and construction techniques in light of changing factors of production, regulatory constraints, and current trends.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
These courses meet regularly and are fully online. Click “See Details” below for more information.