Fundamentals of Construction Management
Learn the basic principles and responsibilities of the construction management team and general contractor for commercial, civil and residential construction projects.
What you can learn.
- Define roles and responsibilities of the project management team
- Identify how the teams’ roles change with each phase of the build
- Compare project delivery methods
- Describe types of contracts, project administration, labor relations and safety
- Perform general contractor duties including estimating, scheduling and cost control
About this course:This course covers the basic principles and responsibilities in construction management, including interface requirements between real estate, leasing, legal, feasibility, finance, lending, marketing, accounting, and public agencies; defining and controlling the scope of a project; and functions of the construction manager: planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and managing the other team members. Other topics include management principles, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, purchasing, design, safety, insurance, construction techniques, labor, and public relations.
Fall 2019 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Visitors not permitted. Internet access required. Materials required.