Technical Management Program
What you can learn.
- Enhance leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Excel in the face of major change in any organization
- Plan strategies and prepare for emerging business trends and an uncertain future
- Obtain a repertoire of methods to solve problems and empower colleagues
- Lead a diverse workforce by creating and sustaining excellence
- Express your objectives, ideas, and appraisals with highly effective communication techniques
About this course:
For more than 60 years, the Technical Management Program(TMP) has been a valuable resource for all types of organizations--large and small, public and private sector--where people with technical backgrounds can obtain the skills to lead, manage, and empower others. The program addresses the newest trends and paradigms in today's volatile and ever changing business world by providing technical managers with a repertoire of methods to solve problems, plan strategies, and motivate colleagues. Presented biannually, each March and September at UCLA's acclaimed Covel Commons conference facility, TMP allows participants to shape a curriculum of four courses from 21 different course selections. TMP courses are taught by top rated, highly acclaimed instructors and they complement each other with proven techniques and successful results. For a complete course description please visit the TMP website.
Winter 2019 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
I've had leadership opportunities at Blizzard Entertainment prior to my attendance at TMP, but I hadn't realized the importance of leadership development until I attended TMP. Since then, I've been seeking out ways to further my skillset, and find ways we can develop leaders at Blizzard.