Whether you study online or in the classroom, enjoy small class sizes with UCLA-quality instructors and one-on-one tutoring.
What you can expect:
The American Language Center offers all English language programs in person and online. Participate in interactive lessons in a virtual classroom from the comfort of your home or in person here in Los Angeles.
The ALC offers in-person daytime classes from 9am-3pm Los Angeles time (for F-1 students).
To accommodate the needs of our students studying from all over the world, the ALC offers remote evening classes 4pm-10pm Los Angeles time (for students without the F-1 visa).
- Emphasis on listening and speaking skills
- Interactive classroom activities: pair and group work, panel discussions, and communication games
- Class activities build vocabulary used in everyday situations, listening comprehension, fluency, and confidence in speaking English
- Multimedia and internet-based lessons and short field trips to reinforce classroom material
- 4-week or 12-week sessions, and one 3-week session in early September
- Students can enroll in 4 weeks, 8 weeks, or 12 weeks per quarter, for up to 9 consecutive quarters (with new study material in each 4-week session)
- Classes typically meet Monday through Thursday for a total of 20 class sessions (50 minutes each) per week
Our 12-week immersive English communication program ("iTwelve") is available in fall, winter, and spring quarters. Students participate in engaging English language immersion lessons and activities.
During summer quarter, we offer an 11-week immersive English program. "Summer11" is for students who want to both study and participate in weekend trips and activities throughout Southern California.