Create and Produce Your Own Music Project
Through intensive, hands-on, real-world classes, learn the ins-and-outs of the creative side of music production from performing to producing.
What you can learn.
- Produce, mix, and master one music project: either a live band or solo artist
- Discover how to finesse the best performances out of artists
- Explore the full potential of creating and producing music through real and programmed instruments
- Understand how to record using Logic, Pro Tools, and other software
- Obtain the best recording and mixing techniques as well as microphone techniques for optimal recordings
About this course:Learn the ins and outs of the creative side of music production. Classes are hands-on, real-world, intensive, and cover such concepts as choosing musicians and finessing the best performance out of artists. In this workshop-style class, you are required to produce, mix, and master one music project--either a live band or a solo artist. Your project must incorporate live instruments as well as programmed instruments. The course is personalized to help each student explore the full potential of creating and producing their music. Topics include pre-production, recording using Pro Tools or Logic, getting great vocal performances through microphone techniques, recording and mixing techniques, mastering, and budgeting. Near the end of the course, your projects are played and critiqued in class.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Create and Produce Your Own Music Project.
Fall 2019 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meeting November 27, 2019.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Internet access required.