MED X 412.2
This UCLA Medical Assistant program course teaches students to perform venipuncture. Students will identify the CLIA waived tests associated with common diseases.
What you can learn.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills that are required to become a Limited Phlebotomy Technician in the state of California
- Explain the function and structure of the capillaries, veins, and arteries
- Identify the names and locations of the veins suitable for venous blood collection and capillary blood collections
- Understand safe and effective use of equipment and supplies used for blood collection and specimen transport
- Understand government and industry standards related to blood collection
- Acquire effective communication skills with patients related to the collection of blood
- Complete blood collection training, a requirement of medical assistants