Application of Evidence-Based Strategies in Teaching and Learning
Explore how research from Cognitive Psychology can inform effective study strategies.
What you can learn.
- Understand how we think we learn versus how we actually learn
- Discover effective study strategies
- Recognize when knowledge is gained and when it is not
- Explore different types of learning strategies that are supported by evidence
- Address learning style myths
About this course:Learners explore how research from Cognitive Psychology can inform effective study strategies. In our first session, we discuss participants' prior knowledge about learning and how evidence-based strategies, such as retrieval practice and spacing, can sometimes be unintuitive for learners. In a second session, participants are invited to discuss how they can apply those strategies in the specific contexts of classes they're teaching or material/skills they're learning. Teachers and learners of all kinds are welcome.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.