Culture and Society
ANTHRO XL 3
This course examines the primary institutions that define culture and society, emphasizing identity, kinship, exchange, politics, social order, communication, religious practices, and contemporary cultural change.
What you can learn.
- Understand what culture is and the evolution of cultural anthropology as a subdiscipline of anthropology
- Evaluate competing theoretical approaches and interpretations concerning human cultural diversity
- Discuss universal human behaviors across cultures in comparison to culture-specific behaviors
- Appreciate and understand human cultural diversity across the globe
- Apply anthropological concepts and theories to specific ethnographic case studies