Business Law: Fundamentals
LAW X 420
Examine the fundamental laws and key legal topics that are integral to operating a business in today's legal environment.
Starting at $795.00
As few as 12 weeks
What you can learn.
- Understand fundamental tenets of contracts and the Uniform Commercial Code
- Evaluate the protections and liabilities of different business organizations such as partnerships and corporations
- Recognize grounds for business torts and property claims
- Learn about bankruptcy, secured transactions, and government regulations as they affect business
- Examine ethical and criminal implications of business actions
About this course:This course explores the legal environment in which businesses operate and the critical interaction between business and the legal system. Students examine various areas of the law which are integral to the operation of business enterprises today. Topics include contracts, torts, agency, Uniform Commercial Code, bankruptcy, and the different forms of business entities. Business owners, managers, accountants, paralegals, and all those seeking to enrich their general understanding of the legal system can benefit from this course. Business Law: Fundementals also prepares students for the legal section of the CPA Exam.
Fall 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
Future Offering (Opens November 02, 2020 12:00:00 AM)
This section has no set meeting times.
No refunds after January 08, 2021
BUSINESS LAW Text and Cases by Clarkson, Miller, Cross