Understanding U.S. Business Immigration Law
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course covers fundamental legal concepts and practical aspects of immigration law.
What you can learn.
- Learn and understand the basis for employment and family-based immigration
- Recognize the difference between immigrant and non-immigrant visas
- Understand requirements for I-9 compliance
- Examine issues related to consular processing, citizenship, asylum, and cancellation of removal
- Address how immigration issues impact the work of human resources professionals, employers, and in-house legal departments
About this course:
This course is designed for human resources professionals, in-house legal personnel, practitioners in other areas of the law, paralegals, and others who interface with immigration law issues. Instruction covers fundamental concepts and practical aspects of immigration law, with an emphasis on business immigration. The focus is on practical solutions and strategies for handling immigration-related issues in the workplace. The course provides an overview of various increasingly complex areas of immigration law, including employment and family-based immigration, non-immigrant and immigrant visas, I-9 compliance, consular processing, citizenship, asylum, and cancellation of removal. Students discuss fundamental immigration topics with guest speakers, including officials from immigration-related government agencies and experts in the field.