Frequently Asked Questions: Extension Certificate Student BruinCards

How do I pay for and receive the card?
BruinCards cost $10. To pay by phone, call the UCLA Extension Registration office at (310) 825-9971 or pay in person at the UCLA Extension Cashier, Room 139, Extension Administration Building, 10995 Le Conte Ave., Los Angeles CA.
After payment and verification of certificate candidate status, you'll be contacted via email regarding your photo ID appointment at the BruinCard Center located at 123 Kerckhoff Hall on the UCLA campus where you'll receive your card. BruinCard Centers are open Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm. If lost, replacement cards cost $23.50. BruinCard fees are nonrefundable.

Are BruinCards mandatory for certificate students?
The card is completely optional.

I'm not a certificate student, but I do take UCLA Extension courses. Can I get a card?
No. UCLA Affiliate BruinCards are designed to provide an ID card and extend certain services to those who establish a lasting relationship with UCLA Extension. However, all Extension students receive enrollment receipts that serve as a proof of student status for reduced-cost circulation privileges at UCLA Libraries and discounts at the ASUCLA Computer Store. You do not need a BruinCard for these privileges.

How do I post money to use my card as a fee-free debit card?
To post money to your card over the internet and to find out which Westwood Village merchants accept the card for payment, click here. BruinCard currently accepts MasterCard and VISA.

Can I purchase discounted bus passes?
Yes. Eligible BruinCard holders can purchase GO METRO bus passes at the UCLA Central Ticket Office (located in the James West Alumni Center, just east of Pauley Pavilion). BruinGO! Flash Passes for the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver City lines can be purchased at UCLA Transportation Services, 555 Westwood Blvd., but only at certain times of the year (for Winter 2014, passes may be purchased between December 14, 2014 and February 13, 2015). Purchases through the Central Ticket Office are on a cash only basis. Bus passes cannot be purchased online or without a valid BruinCard.

Am I also eligible for student tickets to UCLA Athletic events, student discounts, and other services that regularly enrolled degree students receive with their BruinCard?
No. Regular degree students enrolled at UCLA are assessed quarterly fees that fund an array of special services and privileges that support the full-time undergraduate student experience. Extension's certificate students are not assessed the UC-wide mandatory Registration Fee that funds these activities.

I still have questions. Whom should I contact?
Email We'll research your question and get back to you within one business day.