Introduction to Clinical Medicine: A Preview for Pre-Health Professionals
HLT POL X 452.2
This course teaches the essentials of clinical medicine including patient care, human organ systems, common disorders, and medical terminology. Great for pre-medical or pre-health students exploring clinical medicine.
About this course:
Take a tour of the world of medicine! This course provides an overview of each organ system of the human body and provides insights into the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of common disorders. Master basic medical terminology, learn the essentials of taking a history and physical, understand principles of medical decision making, and gain an insider's view into the practice of various medical specialties (cardiology, endocrinology, ob/gyn, gastroenterology, and more). Perfect for pre-med/dental/nursing/pharmacy students or anyone curious about the field.
What you will learn.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the major organ systems of the human body
- Understand the etiology, pathophysiology, and epidemiology of common diseases
- Understand the physician’s process in diagnosing common disorders
- Recognize the skills involved in taking medical histories and conducting physical exams
- Learn to access resources on current clinical practices in each major medical specialty
- Become an effective communicator using medical terminology