Get to know us.
Certificate Programs & Study Abroad Students
At the beginning of each quarter, an orientation meeting for newly arrived students provides information on academic, administrative, and visa issues, as well as on housing, transportation, health services, activities and organizations, and other student services. Explanations will be given about how to enroll in UCLA and UCLA Extension courses. Advisors will be available to help you in group and in one-on-one meetings.
In the meeting, you will:
- Report formally for your program
- Meet an International Student Office (ISO) counselor
- Meet your academic advisor(s)
- Meet other international students
- Get important information about health insurance, “staying in status,” and more