Enrollment limited to 12 students. Visitors not permitted. $100 non-refundable. Enrollment discounts limited to WP NOW members; no other discounts apply.
The priority deadline for applications was September 6, 2022. Applications are still being accepted on a rolling basis and will be considered as long as space remains in the course.
Submit one document (double-spaced, 12-point font, 1-inch margins on all sides) containing:
- a 10-page writing sample;
- a synopsis of up to one page if the writing sample is an excerpt from a longer work (i.e. novel or memoir);
- a personal statement of one paragraph outlining what the student hopes to gain from the class;
- and a list of previous courses completed in the Writers’ Program or other programs, with instructors (when known).
Log in with your existing student account and then “add to cart”, or click “add to cart” and follow the prompts to create a new or returning student account. Then, follow the remaining instructions below:
- Click “Start” on the first Application page.
- On the 2nd Application page, click “Start” on the bottom left side of the page.
- After that, you will be asked to upload a writing sample, per the guidelines below.
- Once you finish the steps, click "Submit Application."
Please note that there are no pre-approvals. All students must submit the above requirements in order to be eligible for an advanced creative writing course.
NOTE: Despite being asked to enter payment information, YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED for this course unless you choose to enroll if/when you receive a notice of acceptance for the course.
Selection notices will likely be distributed via email 1-2 weeks before the class is scheduled to start.