Reporting and Writing I: Fundamentals of Journalism
JOURN X 440.1
An introduction to multiple topics in journalism, including news judgment, analysis, and ethics, as well as basic best practices of writing, research, and reporting.
What you can learn.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the inner workings of journalism
- Gain an introduction to news judgment, analysis, and ethics
- Study best practices of journalism writing, research, and reporting
- Set personal goals for a career in media
- Prepare for a more hands-on approach to practicing journalism in Reporting and Writing II