Advanced Human Resources Management
This advanced course is intended for HR professionals who strive to make a more powerful impact at the strategic level internally, or as external consultants.
What you can learn.
- Integrate the knowledge and skills from previous coursework and/or professional experience to build upon the conceptual foundation of HR
- Discuss emerging issues in human resources management
- Review HR as a strategic partner and practice advanced communication and negotiation tactics for effective dialogue with senior management
- Design strategies to re-engage employees and increase productivity
- Practice advanced HR management skills such as consultation skills, coaching, change management, and facilitation skills
About this course:This advanced course is designed for HR professionals who wish to make an effective contribution at a strategic level in today's rapidly changing organizations, internally or as external consultants. Students integrate the knowledge gained through previous coursework and experience and build on that conceptual foundation. Emerging issues in human resource management are discussed. Covered topics include: transforming HR from the outside in, HR professionals as strategic partners, the six domains of HR competencies, advanced communication and negotiation tactics for effective dialogue with senior management, designing strategies to re-engage employees and heighten productivity, understanding and addressing the increasing multi-generational issues, and implementing a retention strategy that addresses the needs of all generations. Advanced HR management skills, such as consultation skills, coaching, change management, and facilitation skills are explored and practiced. Students learn how to safeguard their organization's bottom-line by acquiring the high-level skills needed to excel as an HR leader.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Internet access required.