Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Internet access required.
Advanced Human Resources Management
MGMT X 482.203
This advanced course is intended for HR professionals who strive to make a more powerful impact at the strategic level internally, or as external consultants.
Starting at $765.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Integrate the knowledge and skills from previous coursework and/or professional experience to build upon the conceptual foundation of HR
- Discuss emerging issues in human resources management
- Review HR as a strategic partner and practice advanced communication and negotiation tactics for effective dialogue with senior management
- Design strategies to re-engage employees and increase productivity
- Practice advanced HR management skills such as consultation skills, coaching, change management, and facilitation skills
About this course:This advanced course is designed for HR professionals who wish to make an effective contribution at a strategic level in today's rapidly changing organizations, internally or as external consultants. Students integrate the knowledge gained through previous coursework and experience and build on that conceptual foundation. Emerging issues in human resource management are discussed. Covered topics include: transforming HR from the outside in, HR professionals as strategic partners, the six domains of HR competencies, advanced communication and negotiation tactics for effective dialogue with senior management, designing strategies to re-engage employees and heighten productivity, understanding and addressing the increasing multi-generational issues, and implementing a retention strategy that addresses the needs of all generations. Advanced HR management skills, such as consultation skills, coaching, change management, and facilitation skills are explored and practiced. Students learn how to safeguard their organization's bottom-line by acquiring the high-level skills needed to excel as an HR leader.
MGMT X 450 Elements of Human Resources Management or consent of instructor. Completion of all required core classes or minimum of two years of work experience.
Winter 2022 Schedule
Date & Time
This section has no set meeting times.
Future Offering (Opens November 01, 2021 12:00:00 AM)See Details
Instructor: Donald B. Burnell
No refunds after January 07, 2022
Internet access required to retrieve course materials.
Course syllabus not yet available.