Certificate Graduation Ceremony

Graduation Frequently Asked Questions

The 2024 Certificate Graduation Ceremony will be held on Monday, June 17

For All Graduates

When is the Certificate Graduation Ceremony?

This year’s Certificate Graduation Ceremony will be held on Monday, June 17, 2024.


Am I getting my certificate during the ceremony?

No, you will not be receiving your Certificate on stage on this day.

You will receive your certificate from your Academic Program in the mail. Please contact your Academic Program directly regarding when you will receive your Certificate.


What is the Dress Code for Graduation?

We recommend to Graduates that the attire is business casual. Graduates may opt to wear UCLA gowns, caps, and sashes if they wish. However, these are not required.

UCLA graduation regalia may be purchased at the UCLA Bookstore, either in-person or online.

For more information, please email the ASUCLA Store: gradetc@asucla.ucla.edu.


I registered to attend this year's ceremony already. When will I get my guest tickets?

After submitting your information on the registration page, you will receive a confirmation email from UCLA Extension that we have received your registration form. You will not receive your eTickets at this time.

eTickets will be emailed to you directly from the UCLA Central Ticket Office (CTO) in mid-May.


Where can I park?

Graduates and Guests may park in Parking Structure 7 and Parking Structure 4.

Please obtain a parking permit in advance via the Bruin ePermit system. You will find the ePermits listed as “UNEX Graduation Ceremony 2024” under the “UCLA Commencement” category. Your license plate is your permit and the permit costs $15/vehicle.

More information on Graduation Parking and Lodging


What do I need to do to secure ADA accommodations?

UCLA venues and facilities are equipped with both wheelchair spaces and transfer seats located on select aisles, which have folding armrests to make transfer easier for those with mobility limitations. Please indicate specific seating needs when placing your ticket order and clarify whether they are for you or for your guest.


For International Students

Does UCLA Extension provide a support letter for my family to seek a B-2 visitor visa?

Support letters are not provided as they are not part of the B-2 visa application process.


How long after the end of classes can I stay in the U.S. on my F-1 visa?

You have a 60-day grace period to remain in the U.S. after the end of classes (not the date of graduation) in your final quarter.


What if I depart the U.S. during my grace period, following the end of my academic program?

Your F-1 visa status ends, and you will not be able to return into the U.S. in F-1 visa status.


What if I applied for OPT?

As long as you have submitted an application within the application window, and have not departed the U.S. before doing so, you have the ability to remain in the U.S. until your OPT application is adjudicated.

Who can I contact if I have other questions regarding my F-1 visa status as it relates to completing my program?

Please contact International Student Services at UCLA Extension via email at iss@uclaextension.edu, or make an appointment directly with an advisor.


Contact Us

Questions about graduation? We're here to help.

vector icon of building

Corporate Education

Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.

Learn More

vector icon of building

Donate to UCLA Extension

Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.

Innovation Programs

Student Scholarships

Coding Boot Camp

Lifelong Learning