More than just an ID, it also helps you save.


UCLA Extension certificate students are eligible to purchase Guest Bruin ID cards (called BruinCards) for $10, valid for the duration of your certificate program. A Guest BruinCard can be used to:

  • Serve as an optional photo ID
  • Access recreation privileges on the UCLA campus for a nominal fee of $50 per quarter
  • Purchase discounted TAP cards valid on L.A. Metro buses or Flash Passes valid on the Santa Monica Blue Bus and Culver City lines via the BruinGo! Transit Program
  • Deposit money on account with UCLA, then use your BruinCard as a fee‑free debit card at the ASUCLA bookstore, campus food facilities, and various BruinCard merchants in Westwood Village and Santa Monica.
A BruinCard is not required for enrollment at UCLA Extension.

Purchasing a BruinCard

Online: Simply login to our  Student Portal  and navigate to the Special Request menu.

By Phone: Contact our Enrollment Center (info at bottom of page) to provide your credit card information over the phone. 

In Person: To use your credit card, stop by the UCLA Extension Enrollment Center (info at bottom of page). Cash payments can be made at the UCLA Extension Cashier Office in Suite on the same floor.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I purchase a guest BruinCard if I am not a UCLA Extension certificate student?
Unfortunately, you cannot. UCLA Guest BruinCards are specially designed to provide an ID card and extend certain services to those who establish a lasting relationship with UCLA Extension. All Extension students, however, can use their enrollment receipts as proof of student status for reduced-cost circulation privileges at UCLA Libraries and discounts at the ASUCLA Computer Store

I’ve just paid the BruinCard application fee.  When can I pick up my card?
Processing of the application takes 7-10 business days. When processing is complete, you will receive an e-mail with instructions for picking up your card.

Does the guest BruinCard make me eligible to receive the same discounts to UCLA athletic and cultural events as degree students at UCLA?
Degree students at UCLA pay a quarterly fee that funds access to a variety of special full-time student services and privileges. UCLA Extension students are not assessed this same fee and so do not have access to the same breadth of discounts and other activities.

What if I lose or damage my BruinCard?
BruinCards can be replaced for a cost of $25. To obtain a BruinCard replacement, visit the BruinCard Center at 123 Kerckhoff Hall on the UCLA campus. If your card was damaged, please bring it with you when you visit the BruinCard Center.

If I withdraw from my certificate program, can I return my BruinCard for a refund?
BruinCard fees are nonrefundable.

Contact Enrollment Services

Our team members are here to help. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.

vector icon of building

Corporate Education

Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.

Learn More

vector icon of building

Donate to UCLA Extension

Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.

Innovation Programs

Student Scholarships

Coding Boot Camp

Lifelong Learning