Design II: Collateral Communication
DESMA X 479.6E
In this hands-on course, research, design, and present collateral communication projects, achieving visual solutions that are functional, elegant, appropriate.
Starting at $759.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Explore different problem solving approaches and techniques in a variety of graphic design media with the focus on both concept and aesthetics
- Practice research skills about visual communication projects
- Communicate evolving ideas through basic sketches
- Recognize and develop hierarchy in layout design
- Understand application of the same design to different items, as well as special materials and methods used in graphic design
- Learn about presentation methods, file preparation, instructions, and production
About this course:This course introduces students to strategies in design communication and covers utility of systems, programs, campaigns, and design families. Visual presentation and concept development are emphasized.
DESMA X 479.6A Design Fundamentals, DESMA X 481.99Z InDesign, and DESMA X 479.4A Typography, or equivalent experience.
Fall 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
This section has no set meeting times.
Instructor: Shirin Raban
Please note, this course has optional live sessions via Zoom. Sessions will be recorded and can be viewed later for students who are unable to attend.
No refunds after October 03, 2020