Design II: Collateral Communication
DESMA X 479.6E
In this hands-on course, research, design, and present collateral communication projects, achieving visual solutions that are functional, elegant, appropriate.
Starting at $759.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Explore different problem solving approaches and techniques in a variety of graphic design media with the focus on both concept and aesthetics
- Practice research skills about visual communication projects
- Communicate evolving ideas through basic sketches
- Recognize and develop hierarchy in layout design
- Understand application of the same design to different items, as well as special materials and methods used in graphic design
- Learn about presentation methods, file preparation, instructions, and production
About this course:This course introduces students to strategies in design communication and covers utility of systems, programs, campaigns, and design families. Visual presentation and concept development are emphasized.
DESMA X 479.6A Design Fundamentals, DESMA X 481.99Z InDesign, and DESMA X 479.4A Typography, or equivalent experience.
Fall 2021 Schedule
Date & Time
This section has no set meeting times.
Instructor: Shirin Raban
No refunds after September 25, 2021
Book: The Graphic Design Idea Book: Inspiration from 50 Masters by Steven Heller, Gail Anderson