Design II: Collateral Communication
In this hands-on course, research, design, and present collateral communication projects, achieving visual solutions that are functional, elegant, appropriate.
What you can learn.
- Explore different problem solving approaches and techniques in a variety of graphic design media with the focus on both concept and aesthetics
- Practice research skills about visual communication projects
- Communicate evolving ideas through basic sketches
- Recognize and develop hierarchy in layout design
- Understand application of the same design to different items, as well as special materials and methods used in graphic design
- Learn about presentation methods, file preparation, instructions, and production
About this course:This course introduces students to strategies in design communication and covers utility of systems, programs, campaigns, and design families. Visual presentation and concept development are emphasized.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Design II: Collateral Communication.
Fall 2019 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.