Design II: Collateral Communication
In this hands-on course, research, design, and present collateral communication projects, achieving visual solutions that are functional, elegant, appropriate.
What you can learn.
- Explore different problem solving approaches and techniques in a variety of graphic design media with the focus on both concept and aesthetics
- Practice research skills about visual communication projects
- Communicate evolving ideas through basic sketches
- Recognize and develop hierarchy in layout design
- Understand application of the same design to different items, as well as special materials and methods used in graphic design
- Learn about presentation methods, file preparation, instructions, and production
About this course:This course introduces students to strategies in design communication and covers utility of systems, programs, campaigns, and design families. Visual presentation and concept development are emphasized.
Summer 2021 Schedule
Course content is delivered through an online learning platform where you can engage with your instructor and classmates. There are no required live meetings, but assignments are due regularly.
Remote instruction courses are taught online in real-time with regularly scheduled class meetings held via Zoom. Course materials can be accessed any time through an online learning platform.