Design IV: Capstone
In this thesis-oriented capstone course, Design Communication Arts students put all they've learned into action to tackle real-world design projects in the civic realm.
What you can learn.
- Experience a class that functions as closely to a studio/agency environment as possible
- Working as a team, isolate a design problem in the civic realm
- Research and develop a brand’s opportunities, including interviewing stakeholders
- Identify and articulate brand strategy and goals
- Build design assets and deliverables to communicate the brand positioning
- Refine skills in brainstorming, researching, and group critique
About this course:In this thesis-oriented capstone course, Design Communication Arts students put all they've learned into action to tackle real world design projects in the civic realm. Public presentation, collaboration, observation, research, and problem solving skills are emphasized.
Fall 2020 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.