Design IV: Capstone
DESMA X 479.6P
In this thesis-oriented capstone course, Design Communication Arts students put all they've learned into action to tackle real-world design projects in the civic realm.
What you can learn.
- Experience a class that functions as closely to a studio/agency environment as possible
- Working as a team, isolate a design problem in the civic realm
- Research and develop a brand’s opportunities, including interviewing stakeholders
- Identify and articulate brand strategy and goals
- Build design assets and deliverables to communicate the brand positioning
- Refine skills in brainstorming, researching, and group critique
About this course:
In this thesis-oriented capstone course, Design Communication Arts students put all they've learned into action to tackle real world design projects in the civic realm. Public presentation, collaboration, observation, research, and problem solving skills are emphasized.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Design IV: Capstone.
All Core Design Concepts and Print and Graphic Communication Tool Kit courses, or departmental approval.