Graphic Design Career Launch Pad
DESMA X 479.3AB
Gain a polished strategy for the steps needed to take to enter the design profession, with projects designed to challenge creativity and advance preparedness for the real world.
What you can learn.
- Learn the various graphic design disciplines and different types of design work environments, including freelancing
- Explore what makes a strong design portfolio, with assignments geared to strengthening yours
- Via studio tours and guest speakers, gain invaluable insight into the profession and networking opportunities
- Prepare résumé and other basic identity items
- Gain interviewing tips & techniques
About this course:Students start with an honest assessment of their strengths and weaknesses and end up with a polished strategy for the steps they need to take to enter the graphic design profession. Via lectures, guest speakers, and studio visits, students receive an overview of the field. Topics include salaries, disciplines, various work environments, day in the life; how to job search, portfolio and resume building, basic identity items and interviewing. Weekly assignments and presentations are designed to challenge creativity and advance preparedness for the real world.
All Core Design Concepts courses or equivalent.