Enrollment limited. Enrollment deadline: January 11, 2022. Internet access required. Materials required.
Network, Operating System, and Database Security
This course delivers a step-by-step methodology to secure any infrastructure by enhancing defenses to the core components of networks and databases, integrating cyber threat/risk management, defense-in-depth, and more.
What you can learn.
- Identify motivations and tactics for the major categories of cyber threat actors
- Recognize common types of cyber attacks and exploits
- Demonstrate understanding of risk management as it applies to information security management
- Apply lessons learned from an APT case study
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of modern network protocols
- Identify the components of an enterprise network architecture
About this course:Cyber-based attacks and data breaches are a critical risk for organizations of any size. Effective defenses to the cyber threat are usually not well-understood or applied. This course delivers a step-by-step methodology to secure any infrastructure by enhancing defenses to the core components of networks, operating systems, and databases. The approach integrates cyber threat and risk management, defense-in-depth, network monitoring, cloud, and mobile devices. This course also provides effective strategies for security testing, mitigating the insider threat, and recovering from a security incident. Current events case studies illustrate key concepts, and cyber defense techniques are demonstrated in computer and DIY device (Beaglebone) labs. The final project enables students to apply the methodology to secure an infrastructure of their choice. This course is relevant for security and IT professionals, students, technical users, management, and anyone seeking an understanding of the key principles of cyber defense.
Winter 2022 Schedule
Spring 2022 Schedule
Enrollment limited. Enrollment deadline: April 5, 2022. Internet access required. Materials required.