Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
This course combines theoretical security models with practical examples for a comprehensive intro and should benefit auditors, system administrators, or anyone else with a basic understanding of information technology.
What you can learn.
- Understand the role of a security policy and how an organization can manage information security
- Understand how security relates to risk and the role of risk analysis
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various authentication methods
- Understand how proper software development can reduce security risks, and describe the types of vulnerabilities poorly written software can experience
- Understand the importance of hardware security mechanisms in enforcing all other technical security controls
- Know how the various layers of the network protocol stack contribute to security
About this course:This course combines theoretical security models with practical state-of-the-art examples for a comprehensive and useful introduction to this field and should benefit auditors, system administrators, or anyone else with a basic understanding of information technology. Topics include security policies, risk analysis, cryptography, and network security. Course material is consistent with relevant portions of the Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification exam's Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Enrollment limited. Enrollment deadline: April 7, 2020. Internet access required. Materials required.