Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
What you can learn.
- Understand the role of a security policy and how an organization can manage information security
- Understand how security relates to risk and the role of risk analysis
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various authentication methods
- Understand how proper software development can reduce security risks, and describe the types of vulnerabilities poorly written software can experience
- Understand the importance of hardware security mechanisms in enforcing all other technical security controls
- Know how the various layers of the network protocol stack contribute to security
About this course:
Winter 2019 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Enrollment limited. Enrollment deadline: January 14, 2019. Internet access required. Materials required.